Friday, June 03, 2011

Midday in the Garden of grand and Elliot...

This is my friend Elliot.  His eye, relationship with landscape, scale and the patience of his lens...


Speaks volumes about what we writers call "place".


Very few photographers seem to understand the spatial as well as the intellectual relationship of man and environment.  In Elliot's lens I see reverence, beauty, and isolation.


I see the movement of seasons.


The solace of space.


The vast combinations of color and hue, shadow and light, and in all of this, I see near perfect balance.


He seems to stand always waiting, knowing the exact location of the intersection of Awesome and Awestruck.


In his photographs, I also find wonder.


I see serenity.


Endings.


A beginning...


The intoxication of wonder...


And the stillness of a soul in pause.


In Elliot'swork, I can only imagine what it must be like...


To gaze not always on human folly...



But eternally on God.

Elliot Tapatha can be contacted at  edisonelliott2@yahoo.com

No comments: